What personal information do we collect?
“Personal Information” means any information by which you can be directly or indirectly identified. Depending on which services you choose to interact with or the funding attached to any interactions with us, We may collect some of the following:
- phone number
- postal address
- job title
- employment status
- age group
- date of birth
- ethnic group
- unique learner number (UK)
- national insurance number (UK)
- education level
- health details
- household status
- your business
When you visit our website we also collect certain information or data about you automatically, including
- your IP address, which may reveal your location
- details of which version of web browser you used for example, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer’.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information can only be viewed by authorised people in North Manchester Community Partnership, our subsidiaries and partner organisations to:
- allow you access to our services.
- communicate with you about your use of our services.:
- improve our websites by monitoring how you use it.
- gather feedback to improve our services.
- meet the requirements of any funding contracts we may have.
- We will provide you with more detailed information about how we use your personal information and who it is shared with at the point at which you provide it e.g. when you register on one of our website or fill out any consent forms.
What if you do not want to provide us with your personal information?
Where you are given the option to share your personal information with us, you can always choose not to do so. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, you object to our processing of your personal information, or you choose to withdraw any consent that you may have provided to processing, we will respect such requests in accordance with our legal obligations. This may mean, however, that t you may not be able to make use of the services and products offered by us.
You can use our websites without telling us who you are or providing any personal information. However, if you choose not to provide us with your personal information, you may not be able to :
- register with us
- call us directly
- contact us through our website
- subscribe to an email newsletter
On what basis do we use your personal information?
For legitimate business purposes
Using your personal information helps us to operate and improve our business as well as to minimise any disruption to the services that we may offer to you. It also allows us to make our communications with you more relevant and personalised to you, and to make your experience of our products and services an efficient and effective one.
This includes our obligation to fulfil our contractual obligations to our funders.
To comply with our legal obligations and other demands for information
Compliance with laws, regulations, rules, codes and guidance is important to us. They affect the way in which we run our business, and they help us to make our products and services as safe as we can. Where we use your personal information for this purpose, rest assured that, where possible, we will take measures to protect your personal information.
At times we may need to get your consent to allow us to use your personal information for one or more of the purposes set out above. You have various rights where we are processing your information on the basis of your consent. For example, if, at any time you decide you don’t want to be on one of our mailing lists, you can choose to opt out at any time by following the “unsubscribe” instructions at the bottom of our promotional emails.
North Manchester Community Partnership may be required or entitled to retain your information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and to protect and exercise our legal rights and interests.
We sometimes share your personal information
We do not share information about you with other organisations or government agencies without your permission unless it:
- is a requirement of funding we receive to provide our services
- When we share your information with our funders or partner organisations, you will be explicitly informed of this at the point that you provide us with your personal information and we will, when required by law, get your consent to share your information.
- is necessary to provide you with a service that you have requested
- will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s health
- is required or authorised by law.
If you sign up to an organisation in our network, your personal information will also be shared with authorised people in that organisation.
We will never sell your information to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
Where we store your data
We host your personal information securely on servers based in the European Economic Area (EEA). Sometimes we may transfer your personal information from these servers to services in countries outside of the EEA that may not have the same level of data protection law.
When this happens we always implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure, in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. These measures include data transfer agreements implementing standard data protection clauses.
Websites that we do not own or control
Our website may contain links to other websites and use external services to provide functionality for the website. Whilst we make every effort to make sure that external services have acceptable privacy policies, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and services. We advise you to be aware and read their privacy policies.
Our websites also use interfaces with social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and others. These interfaces may allow the social media site to connect your visits to our websites with other Personal Information.
How long will we keep your personal information?
Unless otherwise specified, we keep:
- Any data collected as part of a funded contract – 1 year after our contract with the funder expires or 2 years after your last learner activity (whichever is later)
- Any data collected not as part of a funded contract – 2 years after the last activity
For all other personal information, as a general rule, we keep your personal information for as long as is necessarily required:
- to comply with law;
- for the duration of a contract you are a party of
- in connection with legal action or an investigation involving North Manchester Community Partnership; or
- to provide you with information, access you have requested to our websites
How we protect your personal information.
To help protect the privacy of data and personal information we collect and hold, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. However sending information over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure.
Any data you send to us is at your own risk.
We train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. Access to your personal information is restricted to employees who need it to provide benefits or services to you.
Exercise your rights under this Privacy Notice
You may have the right:
- To withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time, where we process your personal information based on having your consent;
- To ensure that you data is kept up to date and accurate;
- To know how we process your personal information;
- To request a copy of your personal information held by North Manchester Community Partnership (This can be sent electronically)
- To request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information, or restrict or object to the processing of your personal information;
- To request to obtain your personal information from the North Manchester Community Partnerships and reuse it or have it transferred for your own purposes across different services (electronically); and
- To complain to a competent supervisory authority, or to a court of law, if your data protection rights are violated or you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
- To find out what Personal Information we hold about you and request that information be in a format that is portable to a third party service.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights listed above, please let us know by getting in touch via one of the methods set out under the header “North Manchester Community Partnership Contact Information” below’
Make a complaint or raise a concern
Our legal obligations
We are registered as a Data Controller under the United Kingdom Data Protection Act, 1998 and make sure that our data handling processes are compliant with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation.
If you choose to access this website from other locations then you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with local laws of the country in which you reside.
[email protected] or alternatively call John Curtin on 07712633654
Changes to our policy
We may make changes to our policy from time to time. Please check this page for any changes.
|Start Date or Date Adopted||25/05/2018|
|Document Owner||John Curtin|